04.30.2014 Cymbet EnerChip Batteries for nano-Wearables and IoT Devices
Cymbet to demonstrate rechargeable solid state batteries at Internet of Things DevCon
Minneapolis, MN April 30, 2014 – Cymbet Corporation will be demonstrating EnerChip™ rechargeable solid state batteries for various Wearable Technology (WT) and Internet of Things (IoT) devices at the Internet of Things Developers Conference at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, CA May 7-8, 2014. EnerChip chip-scale batteries are completely solid state and fabricated using semiconductor processes. The EnerChip bare die batteries can be integrated directly into small WT and IoT System in Package products using standard wire bond or bumped die attachment mechanisms. EnerChip batteries are also offered in standard plastic packages that ship on tape and reel, use standard Surface Mount Technology assembly and are reflow solderable. EnerChips batteries never need changing and are charged using Energy Harvesting or Wireless Charging.
“EnerChip batteries are ideal for small Wearable Tech and Internet of Things devices,” said Steve Grady Cymbet VP of Marketing. “Our customers are using the unique capabilities of Cymbet rechargeable solid state batteries in many different applications such as: Medical, Health/Fitness, Industrial, Transportation, Building Controls, Consumer and Wireless Sensors.”
EnerChips Go Where Coin Cell Batteries and Super Caps Can Not
EnerChip rechargeable solid state batteries have a footprint as small as the CBC005 bare die that is 1.37mm x 0.85mm x 175 microns thick. Packaged EnerChip batteries with integrated power management, and an optional ultra-low power Real Time Clock, range from 4 x 5 x 0.9mm to 9 x 9 x 0.9mm depending on battery capacity size. EnerChip batteries meet all standards and certifications including RoHS, REACH, UN Air Transportation Safety and WEEE disposal. Additionally, in vivo and in vitro tests of EnerChip bare die batteries have shown them to be 100% non-cytotoxic which is ideal for powering Medical and Healthcare products.
Demonstrating Cymbet EnerChip Energy Harvesting and Wireless Charging Solutions
At IoT DevCon, Cymbet will be demonstrating Bluetooth Smart Sensors and various Energy Harvesting reference designs for WT and IoT. Hands-on demos of EnerChip Evaluation Kits include:
- CBC-EVAL-05B EnerChip CC Evaluation Kit contains everything needed to test EnerChip, 5uAh, 12uAh and 50uAh thin film batteries with Integrated Battery Management for power backup.
- CBC-EVAL-09 Universal Energy Harvesting Kit provides a platform to try any type of EnerChip Harvesting transducer with the Cymbet Energy Processor and EnerChip batteries.
- CBC-EVAL-10B Solar Energy Harvesting Kit provides a cost effective solar EH solution with the PV cell tied directly to the EnerChip internal power management IC. Supports wireless endpoints.
- CBC-EVAL-11 RF Induction Charging Kit provides a method of wirelessly charging an EnerChip CBC3150. Supports wireless sensor nodes.
- CBC-EVAL-12 EnerChip RTC Real-Time-Clock Evaluation Kit: includes a Cymbet EnerChip RTC chip that combines a Real Time Clock, EnerChip solid state battery and power management IC in a single 5mmx5mmx1.4mm package. This kit also includes a Windows based Graphical User Interface to set the clock & test RTC operation in backup and count-down modes.
All Evaluation Kits are available at Cymbet’s Distributors https://www.cymbet.com/where-to-buy/distributors/ Included with all Cymbet evaluation kits are links to full datasheets, application notes, reference designs and schematics. Design Engineers can register to win an evaluation kit at https://www.cymbet.com/win-a-free-enerchip-evaluation-kit.php.
Cymbet Corporation is the leader in solid state energy storage technology. The company is the first to market eco-friendly rechargeable storage devices that provide embedded systems designers with new embedded energy capabilities. The company’s EnerChip™ solid state batteries with integrated power management enable new concepts in energy storage application for ICs and new products for medical, sensor, RFID, industrial control, communications and portable electronic devices. Visit Cymbet online at http://www.cymbet.com
For further information:
Steve Grady, VP Marketing