EnerChip™ RTC CBC34123-M5C
CBC34123 is a Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power applications and includes a rechargeable solid state backup power source and all power management functions necessary to ensure a seamless transition from main power to backup power in the event of power loss.
The integrated power management circuit ensures thousands of charge-discharge cycles from the integrated storage device – the EnerChip – and manages battery charging, discharge cutoff, power switchover, and temperature compensation to maximize the service life of the device.
Data is transferred serially via a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI-bus) with a maximum data rate of 6.25 Mbit/s. An alarm and timer function is also available providing the possibility to generate a wake-up signal on an interrupt pin. An offset register allows fine tuning of the clock.
With the industry’s lowest RTC backup operating current consumption, the integrated 5µAh EnerChip provides >30 hours of backup time in the event main power is interrupted. The EnerChip has extremely low self-discharge, recharges quickly, is non-flammable, and RoHS-compliant. The EnerChip is charged automatically anytime VDD is above 2.5V.
The CBC34123 is the smallest commercially available devcie that includes RTC clock/calendar functionality with integrated backup power. The CBC34123 is available in a 5mm x 5mm x 0.9mm surface mount Land Grid Array (LGA) module in a 16-QFN configuration.
The CBC34123 is a 16-pin, 5 mm x 5 mm Quad Flat Nolead (QFN) package, available in tubes, trays, or tapeand-reel for use with automatic insertion equipment.
EnerChip RTC lasts the life of the system so you never have to change a battery. EnerChip RTC devices provide powerful single chip drop-in capabilities in the world’s smallest footprint.
Click here to get a quote and learn more >>
- Real time clock provides year, month, day, weekday, hours, minutes, and seconds based on a 32.768 kHz quartz crystal
Resolution: seconds to years
- Watchdog functionality
- Freely programmable timer and alarm with interrupt capability
- Clock operating voltage: 1.1 V to 5.5 V
- 3 line SPI-bus with separate, but combinable data input and output
- Serial interface at VDD = 1.8 V to 5.5 V
- 1 second or 1 minute interrupt output
- Integrated oscillator load capacitors for CL = 7 pF
- Internal Power-On Reset (POR)
- Open-drain interrupt and clock output pins
- Programmable offset register for frequency adjustment
- Integrated 5µAh Rechargeable Solid State Battery with power manager
- Temperature Compensated Charge Control
- Integrated EnerChip Recharged at VDD as Low as 2.5V
- SMT – Lead-Free Reflow Tolerant
- Eco-Friendly, RoHS Compliant – tested
|Package size:||5 mm x 5 mm|
|Operating temperature:||-20°C to +70°C|
|Storage temperature:||-40°C to +125°C|
|Recharge time to 80%:||15 minutes|
|Charge/Discharge cycles:||>5000 to 10% discharge|
- Wireless sensors and RFID tags and other powered, low duty cycle applications.
- Power bridging to provide uninterruptible RTC function during exchange of main batteries.
- Consumer appliances that have real-time clocks; provides switchover power from main supply to backup battery.
- Business and industrial systems such as: network routers, point-of-sale terminals, single-board computers, test equipment, multi-function printers, industrial controllers, and utility meters
- Energy Harvesting by coupling the EnerChip with energy transducers such as solar panels.
- Time keeping applications
- Battery powered devices
- High duration timers
- Daily alarms
- Low standby power applications
Let’s Discuss How Cymbet Can Help You
Tell us about your project, and we’ll recommend the right Cymbet Solution for your needs