EnerChip™ RTC CBC34803-M5C
The EnerChip RTC CBC34803-M5C combines a Real-Time Clock (RTC) and calendar optimized for low power applications with an integrated rechargeable solid state backup battery and all power management functions.
The EnerChip RTC ensures a seamless transition from main power to backup power in the event of power loss. The integrated power management circuit ensures thousands of charge-discharge cycles from the integrated EnerChip and manages battery charging, discharge cutoff, power switchover, and temperature compensation to maximize the service life of the device. The CBC34803 provides greater than 5 days of backup time in the event main power is interrupted. The integrated EnerChip recharges quickly, has extremely low self-discharge, is non-flammable, and RoHScompliant. The EnerChip is charged automatically anytime VDD is above 2.5V.
Data is transferred serially via an I2C-bus. Alarm and timer functions provide the option to generate a wake-up signal on an interrupt pin.
EnerChip RTC lasts the life of the system so you never have to change a battery. EnerChip RTC devices provide powerful single chip drop-in capabilities in the world’s smallest footprint.
Click here to get a quote and learn more >>
- Ultra low power Real Time Clock with Integrated rechargeable EnerChip™ solid state battery, power-fail detect and automatic switchover, providing greater than 5 days (typical) of RTC backup
- 5mm x 5mm x 1.4mm QFN package is the smallest commercially available RTC having integrated backup battery power
- Temperature-compensated charge control
- Integrated EnerChip™ recharged at VDD > 2.5V
- SMT assembly – lead-free reflow solder tolerant
- Counters for hundredths, seconds, minutes, hours, date, month, year, century, and weekday based on a 32.768 kHz oscillator
- Automatic leap year calculation
- Alarm capability on all counters
- 2 general purpose outputs
- 64 bytes of RAM
- Advanced crystal calibration to ± 2 ppm
- Advanced RC calibration to ± 16 ppm
- Automatic calibration of RC oscillator to crystal oscillator
- I2C-bus (up to 400kHz)
- Eco-friendly, RoHS compliant – tested
|Package size:||5 mm x 5 mm|
|Operating temperature:||-30°C to +70°C|
|Storage temperature:||-40°C to +125°C|
|Recharge time to 80%:||10 minutes|
|Charge/Discharge cycles:||>5000 to 10% discharge|
- Wireless sensors and RFID tags and other powered, low duty cycle applications.
- Power bridging to provide uninterruptible RTC function during exchange of main batteries.
- Consumer appliances that have real-time clocks; provides switchover power from main supply to backup battery.
- Business and industrial systems such as: network routers, point-of-sale terminals, single-board computers, test equipment, multi-function printers, industrial controllers, and utility meters
- Time keeping applications
- Battery powered devices
- High duration timers
- Daily alarms
- Low standby power applications
Let’s Discuss How Cymbet Can Help You
Tell us about your project, and we’ll recommend the right Cymbet Solution for your needs