EnerChip 5uAh Bare Die Solid State Battery
The EnerChip is the world’s first solid state thin film battery created on a silicon substrate. The CBC005-BDC can be placed directly on a PCB or inside a packaged part with other integrated circuits. It can be attached using standard wire bonds or solder bumps for flip chip assembly.
During normal operation, the EnerChip bare die is charged from a controlled voltage source. The EnerChip CBC005-BDC can be cycled through >5000 recharge cycles. Designers can take advantage of the fast recharge time of the EnerChip in their designs.
The CBC005-BDC bare die are available in wafers, trays, or tape and-reel for use with automatic insertion equipment.
- 5µAh Thin Film Energy Storage
- SMT Assembly
- Lead-Free Reflow Tolerant
- Wire bond to die pads
- Solder bumpable die pads
- Thousands of Recharge Cycles
- Low Self-Discharge
- Eco-Friendly, RoHS Compliant
|Package size:||1.75mm x 2.15mm|
|Operating temperature:||-20°C to 70°C|
|Storage temperature:||-40°C to 125°C|
|Recharge time to 80%:||10 minutes|
|Charge/Discharge cycles:||>5000 to 10% DOD|
- Standby supply for non-volatile SRAM, Real-time
clocks, controllers, supply supervisors, and other
- Wireless sensors and RFID tags and other
powered, low duty cycle applications.
- Localized power source to keep microcontrollers
and other devices alert in standby mode.
- Power bridging to provide back-up power to
system during exchange of main batteries.
- Consumer appliances that have real-time
clocks; provides switchover power from main
supply to backup battery.
- Business and industrial systems such as: network routers, point-of-sale terminals, singleboard computers, test equipment, multi-function printers, industrial controllers, and utility meters.
- Energy Harvesting by coupling the EnerChip
with energy transducers such as solar panels
Let’s Discuss How Cymbet Can Help You
Tell us about your project, and we’ll recommend the right Cymbet Solution for your needs