EnerChip™ CC CBC3112-D7C
EnerChip™ CC CBC3112-D7C
Product Discontinued – Not Available for New Designs
The EnerChip CC is the world’s first Intelligent Thin Film Energy Storage Device. It is an integrated solution that provides backup energy storage and power management for systems requiring power bridging and/or secondary power. A single EnerChip CC can charge up to 10 additional EnerChips connected in parallel.
During normal operation, the EnerChip CC charges itself with a controlled voltage using an internal charge pump that operates from 2.5V to 5.5V. An ENABLE pin allows for activation and deactivation of the charge pump using an external control line in order to minimize current consumption and take advantage of the fast recharge time of the EnerChip.
When the primary power supply dips below a userdefined threshold voltage, the EnerChip CC will signal this event and route the EnerChip voltage to VOUT. The EnerChip CC also has energy storage protection circuitry to enable thousands of recharge cycles.
The CBC3112 is a 20-pin, 7 mm x 7 mm Dual Flat Nolead (DFN) package, available in tubes, trays, or tapeand-reel for use with automatic insertion equipment.
- Power Manager with Charge Control
- Integrated 12µAh Thin Film Energy Storage
- Built-in Energy Storage Protection
- Temperature Compensated Charge Control
- Adjustable Switchover Voltage
- Charges Integrated EnerChip Over a Wide Supply Range
- Low Standby Power
- SMT – Lead-Free Reflow Tolerant
- Thousands of Recharge Cycles
- Low Self-Discharge
- Eco-Friendly, RoHS Compliant
|Package size:||7 mm x 7 mm|
|Operating temperature:||-20°C to +70°C|
|Storage temperature:||-40°C to +125°C|
|Recharge time to 80%:||10 minutes|
|Charge/Discharge cycles:||>5000 to 10% discharge|
- Standby supply for non-volatile SRAM, real-time
clocks, controllers, supply supervisors, and other
- Wireless sensors and RFID tags and other
powered, low duty cycle applications.
- Localized power source to keep microcontrollers
and other devices alert in standby mode.
- Power bridging to provide backup power to
system during exchange of main batteries.
- Consumer appliances that have real-time clocks; provides switchover power from main supply to backup battery
- Business and industrial systems such as: network routers, point-of-sale terminals, single-board computers, test equipment, multi-function printers, industrial controllers, and utility meters.
- Energy Harvesting by coupling the EnerChip
with energy transducers such as solar panels.
Let’s Discuss How Cymbet Can Help You
Tell us about your project, and we’ll recommend the right Cymbet Solution for your needs