Rechargeable Solid State Battery Bare Die
The EnerChip is the world’s first solid state thin film battery created on a silicon substrate. The CBC050-BDC can be placed directly on a PCB or inside a packaged part with other integrated circuits. It can be attached using standard wire bonds or solder bumps for flip chip assembly.
During normal operation, the EnerChip bare die is charged from a controlled voltage source. The EnerChip CBC050-BDC can be cycled through >5000 recharge cycles. Designers can take advantage of the fast recharge time of the EnerChip in their designs.
The CBC050-BDC bare die are available in wafers, trays, or tape and-reel for use with automatic insertion equipment.
- 50µAh Thin Film Energy Storage
- SMT Assembly
- Lead-Free Reflow Tolerant
- Wire bond to die pads
- Solder bumpable die pads
- Thousands of Recharge Cycles
- Low Self-Discharge
- Eco-Friendly, RoHS Compliant
|Die size:||5.7mm x 6.1mm|
|Operating temperature:||-20°C to 70°C|
|Storage temperature:||-40°C to 125°C|
|Recharge time to 80%:||20 minutes|
|Charge/Discharge cycles:||>5000 to 10% discharge|
- Standby supply for non-volatile SRAM, real-time
clocks, controllers, supply supervisors, and other
- Wireless sensors and RFID tags and other
powered, low duty cycle applications.
- Localized power source to keep microcontrollers
and other devices alert in standby mode.
- Power bridging to provide backup power to
system during exchange of main batteries.
- Consumer appliances that have real-time clocks; provides switchover power from main supply to backup battery
- Business and industrial systems such as: network routers, point-of-sale terminals, single-board computers, test equipment, multi-function printers, industrial controllers, and utility meters.
- Energy Harvesting by coupling the EnerChip
with energy transducers such as solar panels.
Let’s Discuss How Cymbet Can Help You
Tell us about your project, and we’ll recommend the right Cymbet Solution for your needs