Certifications, Standards Processes
EnerChip Batteries: The Safe Alternative to Legacy Batteries and Supercapacitors
Cymbet EnerChip™ rechargeable Solid State Batteries (SSB) are created using semiconductor processing techniques on silicon wafers. The EnerChip devices are completely different from traditional batteries and supercapacitors that contain dangerous chemicals and have toxic waste disposal issues. New products that utilize EnerChip devices are freed from many of the assembly, transportation, use and disposal restrictions caused by using legacy energy storage technologies.
EnerChip Environmental Standards Compliance and Use Procedures Document
EnerChip rechargeable solid state batteries are a new class of battery. To understand the environmental and logistical advantages of using solid state batteries in electronic products, a Product Information Sheet has been prepared that covers the following standards and regulations:
Section I – Product Information Sheet Scope
Section II – RoHS
Section III – China RoHS
Section IV – REACH
Section V – CE Mark
Section VI – UL – Underwriters Laboratory
Section VII – JEDEC IC Packaging Standards and Tape and Reel EIA Standards
Section VIII – IEC, NEMA/ANSI
Section IX- United Nations Transportation Air Safety Regulations
Section X- WEEE Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive
Section XI – EU Battery Directive
Section XII – MSDS and OSHA Information
Section XIII- EnerChip End-of-life Disposal Instructions
Section XIV – In vitro Biocompatibility Test Standards for Cytotoxicity
- Download PI-72-04 EnerChip Standards Compliance and Use Procedures document here>>
- Download Statement on REACH Regulations for Cymbet Corporation Products here>>
Cymbet has secured the following certifications and documents that demonstrate EnerChip™ solid state energy storage devices are different from traditional chemical based coin cell batteries and supercapacitors. Designers can confidently integrate EnerChip devices into their products knowing that there will not be any issues with manufacturing, transportation, operation or disposal that are different than other integrated circuits on the printed circuit board.
- RoHS compliance letters for EnerChips and Evaluation Kits
- Product Information sheet with MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) details
- Product Information sheet detailing compliance with United Nations Transportation UN-IATA Air Safety Criteria
- CE Mark Declaration of Compliance
- EU REACH Regulation EC 1907/2006 Certificate of Compliance Letter
Product Change Notification Process
When any Cymbet product undergoes a change, Cymbet will provide notification via a Product Change Notice of any change that may affect fit, form, function or adversely impact product quality or reliability. Cymbet reserves the right to communicate a product change in two documents, initial and final. Product Discontinuance will also be communicated via the PCN process.
PCN content includes:
- Detailed Description
- Reason for Change
- PCN Tracking Number
- Product Identification (Part number with any applicable Date Code or Lot Code information)
- Cymbet Contact Information
- Anticipated impact (positive or negative) on Fit, Form Function, Quality and/or Reliability
- Qualification Plan and Results (Data or Schedule if results are not available at time of PCN)
- Changed Product Samples Availability Date
- Proposed Date of Changed Product Shipment
Cymbet will request the acknowledgment of receipt of a Product Change Notification from notified parties. Contact information is provided in each PCN.
Cymbet reserves the right to make changes without notification when fit, form, function, quality and/or reliability are not affected. Cymbet is committed to the continuous supply of quality products. Cymbet evaluates, tests, qualifies and validates every change that is made to our products. If you have any questions on the Cymbet PCN process, please contact us using the Cymbet Support Form.
Product Discontinuation Policy
In the event any Cymbet product is commercially discontinued, Cymbet will provide a notification of Product Discontinuation (PD) via the PCN process. This Product Discontinuation notice will offer a Life Time Buy (LTB) opportunity for the product where applicable. Cymbet will document in the PCN when an order must be placed from the date of notification and the amount of time from the date of PD notice to take delivery of the ordered product. Cymbet will also identify a replacement product (if applicable) in the PCN and detail any differences between the discontinued product and the replacement product in terms of fit, form function, quality and/or reliability.
Cymbet will provide the following information in a PD PCN:
- Detailed Description of Product Discontinuation
- PCN Tracking Number
- Cymbet Contact Information
- Last Order Date
- Last Product Delivery Date
- Product Identification (Part number)
- Identification of Replacement product, if applicable
Have Questions on Standards, Certifications or Processes?
For questions not covered in on this page or in Product Information Note PI-72-04, please click here for the Cymbet Support Form. Indicate the questions you would like to have answered in the Question field. A Cymbet representative will contact you to make sure you receive the appropriate information.